Mystic Winter Wetsuits 2021/22: Which One is Right for You?
For 20 years, Mystic has grounded itself as the number one brand for wetsuits in the world of kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding and all disciplines of foiling. Today, it continues this reign and is now making big moves into the world of surfing. With the signing of Red Bull Big Wave rider Conor Maguire and regular additions of groms sporting Mystic suits across the UK west coast, Mystic aims to have everyone covered.
Once you have an idea of the budget and when you will use the suit in the year to help you decide which wetsuit you need, we've created a guide on which Mystic wetsuit is right for you.
Voltt (Men's) & Gem (Women) Hooded FZ 6/4/3mm – High Range
The answer to becoming a winter warrior! The suit you want to be wearing on the coldest of days. The Voltt & Gem Hooded FZ 6/4/3mm are aimed at the surfer who's getting in when most pop the kettle on at home.
- Fox Fleece on the arms and legs - an inner lining for additional insulation that holds less water.
- Cuff to Cuff Inner liner - Turn that wetsuit inside out, and you'll see all the orange throughout and realise why it's so warm!
- With Flaremesh + in the core areas - an inner lining with superior stretch and heat reflection, it channels water through the fabric to decrease drying time dramatically and extra insulation.
- Emboss patterned Superstretch – Unique to Mystic, bending your knees to pop up has never been so easy. The emboss in your knee cavity provides a pre-curved shape that improves your freedom of movement!
- Yamamoto 39 Neoprene – An eco-friendly limestone neoprene with high stretch and top-notch insulation
- Wind Mesh – Found on the chest and back, a closed-cell neoprene with one side of fabric lamination offers better protection against wind chill.
- Fixed Hood / Double Front-zip open
- Waterproof stretch taping 100% (all seams) and glued blind stitched.
- Non-slip cuffs / Hex-Tech Kneepads
- Aquabarrier – A silicone printing on the collarbone region of your wetsuit that prevents the intrusion of water.
- Aquafresh 2.0 – A feature on the leg that allows water to go out of your wetsuit and doesn't seep in.
- Key Pocket 2.0 – An external key pocket conveniently positioned on the lower leg. Coming with a mini buckle to release your key with ease while making sure your key is safe inside.
Majestic (Men's) & Jayde (Women) FZ 5/4mm – High Range
A team rider favourite! The Majestic 5/4mm is a high-end suit for all year round. The thickness and lack of hood make it incredibly useful for those winter days. Additonally, the Jayde 5/4mm for women is incredibly comfortable for long lasting sessions.
For this winter, Mystic has updated the panels with Knitflex+ on the outside, and Flaremesh+ quick-dry lining with waterproof stretch taped seams on the inside. Multiple arm panels are combined to gain optimal stretch in all directions. Safe to say that maximum comfort and freedom of movement are guaranteed while riding this suit!
And if you like choice, you've got different three colours to choose from for men and two lovely looking prints for women!
- Knitflex+ - In case you like good looks plus a lot of flexibility, Knitflex + outer lining is your thing. Offering the highest all-directional stretch ratio combined with a premium look and soft-touch feeling.
- Flaremesh+ in the chest, back & lower body
- Emboss patterned Superstretch
- Yamamoto 39 Neoprene
- Wind Mesh
*Men's Majestic available in 5/4mm, 4/3mm FZ and BZ and 3/2mm in FZ
*Women's Jayde available in 5/4mm, 4/3mm and 3/2mm FZ
The One 5/3mm Zipfree – Men's - High Range
Totally zip free and available in black or dark grey. For those who have a strong hate for zips, this is The One for you.
Besides the stylish design, The One comes with Mystic's flexible M-Flex 2.0 Neoprene, super warm polar inner lining and all seams are Glued Blind Stitched and covered with Waterproof stretch taping on the inside. With new and improved mesh neoprene on the back panel to reduce wind chill, 4-way stretch kneepads and Glideskin neck construction for extra comfort.
*The One is available in 5/3mm, 4/3mm and 3/2mm zip free.
Marshall (Men's) & Dazzled (Women) FZ 5/4mm – Mid Range
This year brings a killer new look - a clean and straightforward Mystic look that makes us stand out without shouting out! A super warm, super flexible suit that doesn't break the bank. For the customer who wants to get that extra technology with an all-year-round suit without the additional price.
- M-Flex 100% – A neoprene providing warmth and stretch
- Fox Fleece – The thermal lining you need in the chest, back and lower body
- Waterproof stretch taping on the critical areas / Glued Blind Stitched
- Shin protection
- Non-slip cuffs
- Key Pocket 2.0
*The Marshall is available in 5/3mm in FZ & BZ and 4/3mm and 3/2mm FZ
*The Dazzled is available in 5/3mm, 4/3mm and 3/2mm FZ
Star (Mens & Women) FZ & BZ 5/3mm – Essential Range
This versatile wetsuit is crafted with M-Flex neoprene that you can stretch to fit perfectly with your body, designed to withstand the harshest temperature with a robust thermal liner that maintains heat and keeps you going. The Star 5/3mm offers all you need this year, warmth and stretch for an affordable price. The Star is available in blue for men and black for women.
- Flex 100% – A super-stretch neoprene providing warmth and stretch
- Fox Fleece – The thermal lining you need in the chest and back
- Glued Blind Stitched
- Junction taping inside
- Easy entry
- Hex-tech kneepad
- Non-slip cuffs
*The Star Men's is available in 5/3mm, 4/3mm & 3/2mm in FZ & BZ
*The Star Women's is available in 5/3mm & 3/2mm BZ
We hope this guide to the Mystic winter wetsuits helps you choose what Mystic wetsuit is right for you! Once you know your budget and when you will use the suit in the year, the choice becomes very simple using the above guide!